Friday, January 28, 2011

wanted to take some time...

to remember some of my favorites...
-sitting outside with friends around a fire
-sitting on the porch with friends
-sitting on the porch reading my bible
-going for a long run and getting completely soaked in sweat
-praying with people
-being outside

Sometimes I forget what I like. I think I get so caught up in what's next that I often forget my favorites.
I was going to meet up with some new friends at a bar on campus and I mean I'm fine with that but then I had this fleeting thought of summer time and the porch. I then began to think of the feelings I had during those times and well... going to a bar on campus just doesn't give you that same relaxed feel.
I've never longed for summer time the way I have this winter.
How can winter be so beautiful but so depressing?

No comments:

Post a Comment